Longframlington Gardens is being created by Hazel Huddleston MCIHort – as a multi-tasking centre for horticulture plants and gardens. It offers a wonderful place to visit, whether looking for plants to buy for your own garden, looking for a unique garden to visit, or just wanting a beautiful place to find a coffee shop.
Established since 1998 from originally green pasture fields, Longframlington Gardens is being developed in phases. It is being created as a garden to inform and to enjoy with over 1000 different types of trees shrubs and perennials currently planted. The Garden & Arboretum Walk gives you the opportunity to take in the plant collection and the seasonal changes of the planting schemes, in this ‘ Living Exhibition of Plants ’- An informal plantswomans garden set in the peaceful and inspiring Northumbrian countryside.
The Nursery & Plant Centre offers an extensive range of trees, shrubs, herbaceous perennials, herbs, climbers & rock garden plants for sale – a garden makers range of plants, container grown in hardy conditions, for planting all year round.
For further information about any of our horticultural services and attractions please do contact us.
As a permanent Exhibition and growing plant collection, We want you to experience the seasonal changes in the planting schemes.
We want you to enjoy these Gardens all year round.
1. SEASONAL ‘WALK & TALKS’
LONGFRAMLINGTON GARDENS – A GARDEN FOR ALL SEASON
A series of 3 ‘walk & talk’s ‘ around the garden and arboretum for 2016 with the gardens owner and designer Hazel Huddleston MCIHort, looking at the seasonal highlights of the gardens, its design, and its plant collection. Q&A’s included.
SPRING – SUN 10TH.APRIL : SUMMER– SUN 10TH.JULY : AUTUMN– SUN 9TH OCT
Start time of walk 2.30pm – meet at car park.
Cost per day inc garden entry, guide and coffee/tea & biscuits after walk £10 each
expected finish time 4.00 to 4.30pm depending on q&a’s
( Plant Centre will be open after walk – till 5.00pm )
Nb prebooked places only .
…. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK AN EXTRA DAY FOR A GROUP
VISIT ( 10-20PPL ), PLEASE LET US KNOW
2. … FOR THE CHILDREN
We welcome children to the gardens, and would like to think there is a lot of interesting things to see. If not interested in garden plants, we have lots of ‘nature’ – with information boards on the plants, the insects, the mammals, and the birds that we regularly see. We have a meadow full of grasses and flowers, a large outgrown hedge, a wild bog area, and many native trees – all making good habitats for many species. Pathways are mown through the meadow areas to give easy access, and a place in the garden where the younger children can run around. Quiet visitors will see much more wildlife, hear the birdsong, and allow other visitors to enjoy it too!
3. We are re-introducing our
‘FRIENDS OF LONGFRAMLINGTON GARDENS’
1. a season pass – to give entry to the gardens and arboretum @ any time through normal
open hours for 12months from date of issue.
2. entitlement to 10% off all plant purchases
3. Updates to Diary , though this will also be available on our website.
Want free membership? Why not volunteer for a couple of days gardening?
Regular membership – £50.00 ( to allow admission to you and one other person/guest )
4. GARDENERS CHALLENGE June – September 2016
… find & identify the native Trees on the trail
All correctly completed entries will win a free season pass for the garden & arboretum
5.Gardeners QUESTION & ANSWER sessions
For a trial period, a gardeners ‘advice desk’ will be available foc on Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 9.00 till 10.00 at the PLANT CENTRE. We will try to answer any questions you have about ornamental gardening / plants ( Excludes Vegetable/fruit growing). Please, any pest or disease samples, keep in a sealed clear polythene bag! Bring a sample of any plants you would like identified +/or Photos/ Images of plants you would like identified – please show as much clear detail as possible.
6. COMPETITION – to be confirmed
7. GARDEN ART & SCULPTURE display/opportunity – information to follow, but intended for entries by late Summer and launch Spring 2017. Email us to acknowledge if you would like information sent to you.
8. GARDEN COURSES & TALKS – let us know any gardening topics you would like us to arrange as an informal course , talk, or demonstration.
9. DORMANT SEASON bare-root tree, shrub and hedging enquiries welcome – November to February is the traditional time to plant many bare root deciduous trees and shrubs – saves on peat too!
10. GROUP VISITS – we welcome gardening and/or general interest groups to visit the gardens, and can include the above. Let us know what you would like?
11. We are participating in the BBC Gardeners World 2for1 entry again this year
If you would like further information on any of the above, please email us and we will get back to you.